I'm teaching Company Class (adv/prof) for at Saint Paul Ballet every Thursday 10-11:30am through May, 2017, accompanied by the great Franco Holder, pianist
655 Fairview Avenue North, St. Paul, MN 55104 tel. 651.690.1588 http://www.spballet.org/
I also teach at Woodbury Dance Center Thursdays 5-8pm (Teens, Juniors/Seniors) http://woodburydance.com/
I give private lessons in Minneapolis, and teach company classes for James Sewell Ballet and Minnesota Dance Theater weekdays, usually Wednesdays or Fridays.
Here's an excerpt from my resume:
Guest Instructor for professional companies, and universities: Forsythe Ballet, Paul Taylor, Ballet Hispanico, Ballet Preljocaj, Matthew Bourne’s Adventures in Motion Pictures (Swan Lake, Car Man); Ballet Chicago, James Sewell Ballet, Minnesota Dance Theater, Garden State Ballet, Moxi, St. Paul Ballet, University of Minnesota, Gustavus Adolphus, College of St. Catherine, Urisinus University, Macalester College, Carleton College, Harvard University.
Dance Schools: Ballet Arts Minnesota, Woodbury Dance Center, Waconia Arts Center, MDT &School, St.Paul’s School (Interim Head of Dance Department, 1997)
- Created First Dance for 8-12 year olds exploring various dance forms (West African, Salsa and contemporary ballet). Classes took place over a 7-week period at the Center for Performing Arts in South Minneapolis.
- Created multi-week Summer Intensives in Red Bank, New Jersey and Burlington, Vermont. Hired instructors and directed the programs which culminated in studio showings and performances.
- St. George, Utah dance residency: taught dancers in High Schools, Moxi (a hip hop group) and restaged Berceuse on St. George Dance Co.
- Created “Dance Better” — a one week dance intensive in Minneapolis designed to prepare students and professionals about to embark on advanced Summer programs in other cities or simply interested in making authentic and rapid improvements to their dancing. Hired and directed local instructors, including Marius Andahazi, Lirena Branitski, Penelope Freeh and Justin Leaf. Workshop was conducted at James Sewell Ballet Studio in the Hennepin Center for the Arts.
- 1992-2014 Developed and executed JSB’s SmArts outreach and Young Audience programs for students and teachers. Classes, performances, lecture demonstrations took place in 75 schools in Upstate New York, greater Minnesota and in the Twin Cities Metro area.
- 1991 Arizona State University at Tempe residency to develop and participate in the first interdisciplinary degree residency in the country, providing access for psychology and math students as well as performing arts students.